In the previous episode, Arisu, Usagi, Tatta, Kuina and Niragi entered into the King of Clubs game arena where they had to compete as a team.
Alice In Borderland is a Japanese series based on the manga of the same name by Haro Aso. The story follows Arisu, a young man who somehow entered another world where he and others had to play deadly games to survive. The series is directed by Shinsuke Sato and stars Kento Yamazaki and Tao Tsuchiya as the main leads.
Alice In Borderland - Season 2 Episode 2 Summary & Recap
King of Clubs: Rules of the game
1. Each team will start of with 10,000 points and can distribute the points in any way at the start of the game. Each member needs a minimum of 100.
2. The two teams can battle each other by touching. The person with the highest point wins 500 points while the loser gets deducted 500 points.
3. Two players from the same team may pair up for a battle. In this case, their total points is used to compare with their opponent to determine who’s the winner.
4. Each team has a post. If the opponent touches another team’s post, the opponent will score 10,000 points.
5. If a player’s points goes negative, they will die
6. If a member is touching the post, their points go to infinity and any opponent they battle automatically lose and dies.
7. There are items around their arena which could grant extra points.
8. After collecting items or after a battle, the player goes inactive and had to activate themselves in their own post.
9. If an active player comes in contact with an inactive player, both will be shocked.
10. Team with the most points after two hours wins. Opponent team dies.
Arisu was quick to strategize in the first round and made two pairs look around for items. Tatta protected their post, Kuina and Arisu were paired, and so was Usagi and Niragi. The pairs not only found items, but managed to find opponents to battle. With a combination of points from two people, they were confident to defeat the enemy and scored a great lead. During this round, Arisu noticed that the Kyuma’s team split their points equally among their teammates because no one is above another.
King gains lead
Desperate, the King of Club’s team came up with an idea to gain their footing in the game back. All except one of them decided to attack the enemy post. Therefore, each member got an additional 10,000 points while Tatta was put in a horrible position where he had to kill one of the King’s team members. Kyuma and his team brought their friend’s body back to the camp and thanked him for the sacrifice.
In the next round, Kyuma and his group went on the offence. They left their post empty and hunted down Arisu’s team members for battles. This way they continue to gain points while Arisu’s team kept falling behind. Throughout the game, Arisu tried to learn more about Kyuma, but Kyuma seemed to talk in a very cryptic manner. He told Arisu that they can see a person’s true character in a death game like this.
Unsurprisingly, the team was demotivated after the horrible loss. Niragi also continued to blame Tatta for losing their early lead. However, Arisu came up with another plan. Usagi baited one of Kyuma’s team members away on a chase while Arisu, Kuina and Niragi attacked the opponent base. Arisu managed to take Kyuma out as he went as an inactive player and shocked Kyuma to the ground. Niragi managed to touch the opponent post and gained 10,000 points. However, the opponent team managed to stop Kuina from touching the post.
With only 20 minutes left, the team still had 3,000 points to catch up on. Everyone was internalizing the fact that they had lost. Usagi was the only one who still tried to look for items and eventually managed to find 2,500 points from an item. Seeing that they are just short by 500 points now, Arisu ran over to the enemy post.
Meanwhile, Niragi had been coughing blood throughout the episode and knew he was already dying. When he bumped into Usagi, he tried to rape and kill Usagi again. Usagi tried to fight back but struggled. Eventually, Niragi managed to knock Usagi out.
Additional Observations From Episode 2
- Kyuma and his team members were previously in a band
- Tatta seemed to have low self esteem and was not able to fight back when Niragi put the blame of their lost points solely on him.
- Before Usagi was knocked out by Niragi, she called for Arisu.